Linggo, Mayo 11, 2014

My Cute Little Ami Bears

So lately I’ve been busy crocheting little ami bears for souvenirs. A party shop near us commissioned me to make them in just a week’s time! I thought, hey, 75 ami bears in a week? I’d like to see myself try and meet the deadline. Fortunately, after a week of almost sleepless nights and numb fingers, I finished the orders! I love how cute they turned out! And I equally love what the client used for packaging!



Anyway, I posted the pictures on one of the crochet groups that I am in and I was overwhelmed by all the positive feedbacks that it got. So, I’m sharing the pattern for my cute little bears. This is free, and you can do whatever you like with the finished item. However, respect the designer. Don’t claim the pattern as your own or try to sell and reproduce the pattern without my permission. It’ll be awesome if you could show me your finished works and if you could link it back to me...

LITTLE AMI BEAR
DESIGN BY: RIA CENTENO-DIMAPILIS



Materials:
3-ply crochet cotton thread
size 8 crochet hook
polyfiber fill

Note:
Each row is worked in continuous rounds. Do not join rounds unless
otherwise instructed.

Instructions:
Start with the head.
Form adjustable circle.
1. 6 sc into ring. Tighten ring. (6)
2. Inc in each st. (12)
3. [sc in first st, inc in next] 6x. (18)
4. [sc in next two st, inc in next st] 6x. (24)
5. [sc in next three st, inc in next st] 6x. (30)
6. – 12. sc on each st. (30)
13. [sc in next three st, dec in next st] 6x. (24)
14. [sc in next two st, dec in next st] 6x. (18)
15. [sc in first st, dec in next] 6x. (12)
Stuff head firmly with fiber fill. Sew on eyes and eyebrows with black
thread. Continue on with the body.
 16. dec in each st. (6)
17. inc in each st. (12)
18. [sc in first st, inc in next] 6x. (18)
19-20. sc on each st. (18)
21. [sc in first st, dec in next] 6x. (12)
Stuff body firmly with polyfill.
22. dec in each st. slip stitch to join. (6)
Fasten off and sew to close body.



ARMS (make 2)
Form adjustable ring.
1. 6 sc into ring. (6)
2 – 6. Sc into each st. (6)

LEGS (make 2)
Form adjustable ring.
1. 6 sc into ring. (6)
2 - 5. Sc into each st. (6)


EARS (make 2)
Form adjustable ring.
1. 11 sc into ring.
Tighten circle and fasten off.




NOSE
With lighter color, form adjustable ring.
1. 5 sc into the ring. (5)
2. Inc in each st. (10)
3. Sc in each st. Slip st to join. (10)

Fasten off and leave tail for sewing. Embroider a letter “T” on the circle for the nose.


Assembly:

1. Sew on the nose to the head.
                2.Sew the legs first on the lower sides of the body and the arms on the upper sides of the                       body. The legs should be pointing forward (sitting position) and the arms should be                               pointing downwards.
               3. Sew the ears on each side of the head.
               4. Trim off excess thread.
               5. You can also add ribbons or embellishments on your little ami bear.

Happy crocheting!

1 komento:

  1. Heyy your bears look so adorable!! ♥ I'll try making one. Thanks a lot for the pattern ♥

    TumugonBurahin